Edit: acceptance of applications has been closed as of June 29, 2022. We were thrilled with the response to this call and are currently reviewing the received applications. Thank you for your interest!
We are pleased to announce the return of our annual Canadian MSK Rehab Research Network Trainee Travel Awards. 2022 will mark our fourth Trainee Awards competition and up to $15,000 in total funding is available to:
- foster the development of future leaders in MSK health rehabilitation research
- enhance the number of trainees involved in transdisciplinary musculoskeletal health rehabilitation research;
- support the career advancement of trainees; and
- support each trainee financially
Call for Applications: May 17, 2022
Deadline: CLOSED FOR 2022
First funding decisions will be made by June 24th, 2022, subsequent decisions will be made within two weeks of receiving application.
The purpose of the award is to assist with travel expenses for trainees to attend a conference related to MSK rehabilitation research at which they are presenting their research project (via poster, oral or other form of presentation). Note that funding may be subject to abstract submission and approval at the conference that you plan to attend.
This allows the Network to fund a much larger number of trainees this year than traditional awards and provide additional professional development opportunities not covered by their current funding.
In 2022 the Network will be offering a total of up to $15,000 in three tiers of travel stipends based on traveling distance:
Within Province or Virtual Presentation – $500
Neighbouring Province (ex. Ontario to Quebec, Alberta to BC) – $1,000
National or International Travel – $1,500
These awards are intended to cover conference travel and registration expenses to attend a conference at which the trainee’s research project is presented. Applicants will submit expenses or a proposed budget of CIHR-eligible costs and awarded stipends will be given based on incurred/budgeted expenses to the maximum of each funding tier above. Applicants will be eligible for a maximum of one (1) award per calendar year.
- outstanding potential to contribute to musculoskeletal health rehabilitation research
- registered as a full-time graduate student, postdoctoral fellow or clinician scientist in training
- accepted to an accredited program
- supervised (mentored) by a Network Member
- engaged in research that is clearly relevant to musculoskeletal health rehabilitation
- indicate which conference(s) you wish to attend to present your research, including travel distance
- include a proposed budget and justification of funds for travel to a national or international conference specific to MSK rehabilitation research
- provide details on the research topic for the conference at which you will attend and present your project
- submit reporting, as requested by network training and mentoring group
How to Apply
Apply online: https://uwo.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9HnL9CXHAzqrJPM
Fillable PDF application form:
Any questions can be directed to Ryan Power (Network Coordinator) at email@example.com